DRESDEN PLATE FANCY PIECED
9 + 12 + 15 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 32 MB + DESIGN BOOK
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes all of the shapes in the Basic collection, PLUS . . .
. . . the 12 and 15 inch backgrounds and triangles for the extra rings.
You might not have heard of Farmer's Delight or Farmer's Fancy before. It is spectacular, but it has never been a common block because it is difficult to cut and sew—until Inklingo.
The 12 inch block has one ring of triangles and the 15 inch block has two rings of triangles.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- choice of 6 different blade shapes, including a curved blade and two-piece blades
- choice of 2 sizes of circle for the center (1.5 and 2.5 inch), plus half and quarter circles for fans and variations
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
(just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- get great results by hand or by machine with matching marks printed on the fabric
- shop your stash for scraps or use the diagrams to buy what you need
- fussy cut some of the shapes for impressive effects
- use Jelly Rolls for some of the blades
- mix two or more blades in each plate for unique designs
- complimentary design book with everything you need to design and make your quilt
- follow the step-by-step assembly instructions for results that will make you proud
- see the reviews! (left sidebar)
PIECING (HAND OR MACHINE)
This shape collection is designed for quilters who prefer to piece as much as possible, so the only appliqué is the circle in the middle (choice of sizes). It includes a stunning variety of blades, including a curved blade.
You can even mix two or three blade shapes in each plate.
Since the plates are pieced to curved background pieces, the plate is centered perfectly every time.
All of the methods are illustrated in the design book (74 pages). It is free with this shape collection, so be sure to order it too.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
You will be happy with the results you get with sewing lines and matching marks printed on the fabric!
Add one or two rings of "Farmer's Fancy" triangles to any plate for 12 or 15 inch blocks!
The backgrounds and blades in this collection can be combined in many ways to make distinctive variations of Dresden Plate, Wheel, and Fan designs.
Don't forget quarter plates for Fans! There is an example on the Basic Pieced page (scroll down).
YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL!
If you order the Appliqué collection and the Fancy Pieced collection, you will have it all! (Everything in the Basic Pieced collection is included in the Fancy Pieced Collection.)
MAIN DRESDEN PLATE PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo for Dresden Plate
Looking for inspiration? You'll find it on All About Inklingo