$20 VALUE - FREE
Originally called LeMoyne Star 4.5 inch
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 33.5 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes 45° Diamonds, Quarter Square Triangles (QST), Half Square Triangles (HST), and Squares.
The shapes are very versatile. There is another Inklingo download with larger shapes, LeMoyne Star 6 inch.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- a gallery of quilts made with these shapes by Inklingo quilters
- tips for choosing fabric
- notes about design variations
- how to piece 8-pointed stars by hand and by machine
- precision machine sewing tips
- pressing instructions
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- worksheets to help you plan several variations
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- many design options
- combo layouts to save fabric and save time
- optional layouts for diamonds with different straight grain
- precision corners and matching marks to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—hand or machine
- includes the first chapter of The Inklingo Handbook (below) with everything you need to print on fabric
- see the reviews! (left sidebar)
This download also includes Chapter 1 of THE INKLINGO HANDBOOK on pages H1-H48. It answers your questions about putting fabric in your printer and making sure the ink does not show in the quilt.
MANY DESIGN CHOICES
There are many more variations with the instructions in this Shape Collection. These are just a few of the extra blocks using these shapes.
PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS
The shapes are a perfect introduction for beginners. Make 9-patches, Sawtooth Squares, Hour Glass, and other blocks with these shapes if you aren't ready for an 8-pointed star.
Everything is easier with Inklingo—no measuring, no templates, no worries about straight grain, a line to cut on, a line to sew on—and the download includes instructions for sewing and pressing, so jump in! It's fun!
The sizes may seem strange (1.32, 1.86, etc.) but they are perfect for the LeMoyne Star in the famous Dear Jane™ (G-8 Justin's Comet).
4.5 inch LeMoyne Star is "Justin's Comet" in Dear Jane™
All Inklingo shapes are named with the finished size (minus seam allowances). Odd shapes and sizes are easy with Inklingo because you don't have to measure. (Imagine measuring 1.32 inch or 1.86 inch with traditional tools!!)
My Mistake! I shouldn't have named this collection "LeMoyne Star" because that is just the tip of the iceberg. Please don't limit yourself to a few stars.
WHAT TO MAKE To see what quilters have made with these shapes, go to The Inklingo Projects Blog and choose 'free collection" from the list of Labels in the right side bar. Tilde's Tiny Totes, Lone Star, LeMoyne Star, and many variations. It's inspiring
FREE PATTERN The Pasacaglia Table Runner Pattern by Tilde uses the shapes in this collection.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
EXPANDED VERSION 55 pages of worksheets, quilt layouts, and sewing instructions were added in October 2010. (WOW!) If you already have the first version (September 2008), you can get the new one by logging in and downloading from your account (no need to place another order). Details on the blog.
Why do I have to place an order before I download a free item?
NEW JUNE 2012 There are new Leaf Sashing shape collections which can be used to turn square quilt blocks into flowers. It is especially designed to make Carolina Lily style blocks.
These are just two examples which start with the free shapes:
1. Add Leaf Sashing 3.18 to the flower block made with the free shapes, and then add Rose Dream 4.5 to make a Carolina Lily style block.
2. Add Leaf Sashing 4.5 to the LeMoyne Star made with the free shapes, and then add Rose Dream 4.5 to make another variation.
There are many more examples on the All About Inklingo blog.
Traditionally, quilters have presented pieced blocks as flowers by adding appliqué leaves. The new sashing from Inklingo is a beautiful option for setting square blocks as flowers.
MAIN BEGINNERS PAGE
Answers to 5 Beginner Questions