60° HEXAGON - 0.25 INCH
Print hexagons on fabric with your Inkjet printer.
No templates. No basting. (Unless you want to.)
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 18.5 MB + DESIGN BOOK
This Inklingo PDF has hexagons with 0.25 inch sides (0.5 inch across from point to point) plus both halves and quarters. Thirds are not included because the shapes are so tiny. Several other sizes are available.
This flower is about 1.25 inches in each direction. (Tiny!)
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- seam allowances are narrower than 0.25 inch because the shapes are so small—perfect!
- partial hexagons increase your design options and allow you to finish with a straight edge
- ideal for scrap quilts
- complimentary 70-page design book with worksheets and everything you need to design and sew a hexagon quilt
- see the reviews! (left sidebar)
This shape collection is the result of a challenge from a dear friend, and was requested by other Inklingoists too. (What are you thinking?!) These shapes are itsy bitsy.
The Hexagon Quilt Design Book (70 pages) is free with this shape collection. (Details)
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Hexagons are not just for quilters who like English Paper Piecing!
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo (TWO methods of fussy cutting) and sew with a running stitch. Quilters tell me they can print and finish 3 or 4 flowers with Inklingo in the time it would take to prepare and sew ONE with EPP.
On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you love.
LEARN TO HAND PIECE
The two-hour hand piecing lesson in Quilted Diamonds 2
is like taking a private lesson from me. The beautiful book and DVD are available again.
MAIN HEXAGON PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo hexagons and VIDEO