BOOK ON PAPER (not a download) 48 pages
POSTAGE $5.75 Priority in USA Special prices for Overseas and Canadian orders here.
This lovely book is for everyone who is interested in Jane Austen and the famous patchwork.
You can make a replica of the Jane Austen coverlet with just the JAPM book, but it is far easier with the Jane Austen Patchwork shape collection (download), so you can print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo.
Some of the diamonds in the original are fussy cut and you can fussy cut with Inklingo (video).
Features of the Book
- information about Jane Austen
- close-up photos of the coverlet
- fabric notes
- instructions for English Paper Piecing, hand piecing, machine piecing, and strip piecing
- notes about fussy cutting with Inklingo
- notes about design variations
- fabric requirements
- notes about pressing and finishing
- shapes to trace for templates
Jane Austen Patchwork Mystery would not have been possible without the gracious assistance (and detective work) of
- Mr Tom Carpenter, Trustee of the Jane Austen Memorial Trust
- Louise West, of Jane Austen’s House in Chawton
- Sarah Howard, Hampshire County Council Museums
The small quilt on the back cover of Jane Austen Patchwork Mystery has a simplified border.
I pieced this quilt top by machine except for the small diamonds for the inner border.
July 2010 Jane Austen variation on the blog
August 2011 Medallion fabric on the blog
Reasons to buy BOTH the book-on-paper and the PDF:
- The illustrations in the book are beautifully printed for you
- The book is a lovely keepsake to save with your quilt
- The book includes a pattern for a smaller version
- The book includes more information about Jane Austen
- The book includes instructions for strip piecing
- The book includes more about the mysteries concerning the patchwork
- It is easier to make the quilt with the Inklingo shape collection than with the book alone
LEARN TO HAND PIECE
The two-hour hand piecing lesson in Quilted Diamonds 2
is like taking a private lesson from me. The beautiful book and DVD are available again.
There is also a DVD lesson in Jane Austen Writing Table Quilts, which is on sale for only $14.95. (Act now, before we realize what we've done!)
There are many more photos of my trips to England under the Jane Austen tab (above), including photos of Chawton, Bath and Winchester.
MAIN JANE AUSTEN PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo for the Jane Austen Patchwork
Every book is signed. If you would like the autograph personalized, please make a note when you place your order.
All prices are in US dollars.