90° HEXAGON - 1 INCH
Originally called Lite # 4
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 36 MB + DESIGN BOOK
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the hexagon and square for Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses—POTC—plus several extra shapes.
POTC blocks are made with only one shape—the hexagon—and the blocks are linked with squares.
The shapes are the same size as the original by Lucy Boston. There is also a larger size (note below).
The magic of Lucy Boston's design is in the creative use of fabric, especially "fussy cutting." A few shapes in each block are fussy cut and you can fussy cut with Inklingo (video).
These unusual shapes are included for a straight edge on the quilt (below).
Squares and Quarter Square Triangles (QST) are an added bonus.
Half Square Triangles (HST) and the two halves of the main hexagon—wow—even more design choices! (Below)
These hexagons are sometimes called honeycombs.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- notes about fussy cutting with Inklingo
- design notes that will inspire you
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- many extra shapes
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- precision corners and matching marks to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing
- shapes are very versatile and perfect for Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses (POTC) and the Colin Tilney wall hanging illustrated in Diana Boston's book
- an impressive, unusual, intriguing design
- complimentary 70-page design book with worksheets and everything you need to design and sew a hexagon quilt (written for 60° shapes, but applies to any hexagons)
- see the reviews! (left sidebar)
Unusual partial hexagons (which are not half hexagons) are perfect for a straight edge.
MANY DESIGN CHOICES
These are just a few of the extra blocks using the bonus shapes! Klosje (Spools) can be made in two sizes. (All Inklingo shapes are named with the finished size.)
Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses is a companion book with a detailed pattern for POTC with instructions for sewing by machine, by hand, or by English Paper Piecing. (The download includes lots of shapes, but not a pattern or sewing instructions.)
SAVE $5.00 WITH THE LUCY BOSTON COMBO
This Inklingo download includes many shapes, but not a pattern or sewing instructions. Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses (book-on-paper) includes wonderful photographs of the original quilt (including a centerfold of the whole quilt) and a detailed pattern. Save $5 when you buy the book-on-paper and the shape collection at the same time.
A CHOICE OF SIZES
The shapes are the same size as the original by Lucy Boston. There is another Inklingo download with hexagons with 1.5 inch sides (fewer shapes). See the size comparison in the free PDF (below).
Jutta in Austria used this Inklingo Shape Collection to make her spectacular Aunt Clara Quilt top. It uses the same shapes, but it looks completely different from the Patchwork of the Crosses. Don't you love Jutta's dazzling use of color?
Love the lines. Quilt more!
New to Hand Piecing? Learn with the DVD lesson in Jane Austen Writing Table Quilts, which is on sale for only $14.95. (Act now, before we realize what we've done!)
MAIN LUCY BOSTON PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo for POTC and VIDEO for fussy cutting
MAIN HEXAGON PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo hexagons and 3-minute VIDEO