LEAF SASHING - 3.18 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 23.6 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes shapes for leaf sashing, plain sashing, plain squares, and back-basting appliqué.
Choose from 3 sizes.
This size is perfect for turning the 3.18 inch flower in the free shape collection into a useful 4.5 inch block. It is especially designed to make Carolina Lily style blocks.
Traditionally, quilters have presented pieced blocks as flowers by adding appliqué leaves. This new sashing from Inklingo is a beautiful option for setting square blocks as flowers.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- instructions for hand and machine piecing curves
- assembly tips
- notes about pressing
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
(just in case you want templates)
- perfect for "Carolina Lily" style blocks in combination with the Diamonds, Triangles, and Squares in the free shape collection
- back-basting option for those who love appliqué
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- a choice of regular or combo layout to use fabric efficiently and save time
- ideal for fussy cutting and charm quilts
A Choice of Methods
I sew these shapes by machine unless I need a portable project. With Inklingo lines printed on the fabric, you can sew some seams by hand and some by machine.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Peggy in Naples Florida made this pretty flower with the diamonds and triangles in the free Inklingo shape collection. The leaves are pieced with Inklingo Leaf Sashing—no appliqué!
See the All About Inklingo blog for a gallery of quilts using Leaf Sashing with various 3.18, 4.5, and 6 inch blocks.
The triangles in the Inklingo On-Point Shape Collections are required for on-point settings. (Available for 4.5 and 6 inch blocks.)