TUMBLER/THIMBLE 2 INCH
Originally called Lite # 5
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 12 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the tumbler and half tumbler. The triangles and square are an extra bonus to add more design options.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes print on fabric, including bonus shapes
- notes about fabric selection
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- rotary cutting tips, including "Layer to Cut"
- machine piecing instructions
- pressing instructions
- worksheets to plan your quilt
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
(just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- perfect for "Layer to Cut" for less printing and to cut several layers at a time
- a choice of regular or combo layouts to use fabric efficiently and save time
- optional layouts for directional fabric
- matching marks make it easy
- great for scraps
- 4 whole tumblers fit on a 5 x 5 charm (nickels)
- fussy cutting tutorial on the All About Inklingo blog (searchable)
- the triangles turn a tumbler into a square for more design options, like Cathi's Tumbler Stars (free pattern)
- ideal for beginners
With the shapes in this collection, you can be a traditionalist, or a designer, like Cathi Godwin. Her pattern for Tumbler Stars is free!
NEW DEC 2011 Twinklingo Stars! Cathi Godwin has a new pattern using this shape collection available on her website.
A Choice of Methods
Sew by hand while you watch TV, or sew by machine—your choice.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Four tumblers fit on a 5 x 5 inch "nickel." Notice how the fabric does not have to go all the way to the edge of the freezer paper.
MAIN TUMBLER PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo tumbler shapes + Layer to Cut