There are isosceles triangles you can use to make Dresden Plates in several sizes, including 2.25 inch!
All of the isosceles triangles are listed in the Index of Shapes under the Support & Goodies tab on the website. They make Dresden Plates in six sizes!
- 2.25 inch with Key West 4.5 inch Small Triangle
- 3 inch with Key West 6 inch Small Triangle
- 3.75 inch with Castle Wall 9 inch Bonus Triangle
- 4.5 inch with Key West 4.5 inch Large Triangle OR Key West 9 inch Small Triangle OR Feathered Star 15 inch Triangle
- 6 inch with Key West 6 inch Large Triangle OR Feathered Star 20 inch Triangle
- 9 inch with Key West 9 inch Large Triangle
Of course, there are blades for Dresden Plate in the Inklingo Dresden Plate shape collections too. LOL These are just a few bonus ideas.
I thought it would be fun to make an itty bitty Dresden Plate with Folded Blades. Take a good look because it’s probably my one and only!
It’s quite fiddly to work with shapes this small, so you might not want to go smaller than 4.5 inch Dresden Plates with the Key West 4.5 inch Large Triangle, okay?
Love the lines. Quilt more!
On the other hand, if you like itty bitty, this is the easiest way to do it. You can print 8 Small Triangles from the Key West Beauty 4.5 inch shape collection on a scrap only 3.25 x 5.5 inches (landscape).
Monkey says the 2.25 inch plates are for the select group of quilters who like 60° Hexagons 0.25 inch too!
I have some Dresden Plate design ideas to share in Dresden Plates in Key West – Part 3, so you might want to subscribe.
- COTSIM Mystery Clue #5
- Dresden Plates in Key West – Part 3
ARE YOU SUBSCRIBED?
If you subscribe to the blog (top of right side-bar), you will always be the first to see everything, including the mystery clues.
Already in the COTSIM mystery quilt case file:
- Announcing the new mystery
- Combo Layouts
- PDF showing fabric requirements (PDF, pages 1-7)
- Key West Beauty in Electric Quilt
- Countdown to the Mystery
- Download Clue #1 (PDF, pages 8-17)
- Fabric for Fussy Cutting
- Download Clue #2 (PDF, pages 18-27)
- Download Clue #3 (PDF, pages 28-35)
- Download Clue # 4 (PDF, pages 36-38)
I have been posting more fussy cut shapes on Facebook, like this one. You don’t have to have a FB account to see them, but if you do, please like, comment and share my photos!
You can see what Inklingo quilters have sewn for the Case of the Stranger in Margaritaville mystery quilt on Facebook too.
See you again soon with Clue # 5, okay?
Linda & Monkey
New to Inklingo? Order and download free shapes and start sewing in the next few minutes. Main Beginner’s Page There are triangles, diamonds, and squares in the free collection—great for dozens of different blocks.
$10 Coupon! 9 Year Anniversary Special on the handbook