Today there is a new size—60° Diamond 1.25 inch.
(All Inklingo shapes are named with the finished size.)
You can print on paper with Inklingo to make a window template to decide which size works best with any fabric.
This fabric has a little more “background” than I prefer, but I can see potential.
Too much background can make the results less interesting.
Each set of 6 diamonds is different and some are more exciting than others, but this works!
Each star is a surprise.
I fussy cut 6 identical sheets of fabric (8.5 x 10.5) to get 25 Kaleidoscope Stars with Inklingo 60° Diamonds 1.25 inch. It worked well with the repeat on this fabric.
Twenty-five stars may sound like a lot, but these are so fast that Monkey says it won’t be long before I need to print 25 more. (Inklingo No Waste Fussy Cutting)
DIAMONDS FOR PIECED HEXAGONS
You can get amazing designs without fussy cutting too.
All of these pieced hexagons can be made with the 4 shapes in the new 1.25 inch Inklingo Diamond shape collection. The pieced hexagons have 2.5 inch sides (finished) and are 5 inches across from point to point.
Download the shapes, print on fabric, and let your imagination soar!
PRINT DIAMONDS ON FABRIC WITH INKLINGO
Whichever size you choose, when you print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo, you have many advantages:
- Precise, with perfect straight grain, crosshairs, stitching lines
- Print and rotary cut several layers at a time to get a fast start
- Alternate layouts for scissors cutting (sometimes saves fabric)
- Alternate layouts for a choice of straight grain
- Half and quarter diamonds (triangles) for more design options
- No templates
- No waste
- No basting
- No whip-stitching
- Sew by hand or by machine
- Sew some seams by hand and some by machine if you prefer (hybrid)
- Ideal for fussy cutting (“fussy printing”) as shown on YouTube
- Fabric requirements are provided
- Compatible with any design which uses the same shapes
- Can be used to rescue a quilt you started with English Paper Piecing
You can rotary cut several layers at a time or use scissors.
Whether you combine the shapes to make Pieced Hexagons, or . . .
. . . fussy cut, we think you will love inklingoing!
There is a new article on QuiltingHub showing how I get perfect intersections on stars. You don’t have to register to read the article, but if you do, you can rate the article AND the Inklingo page on QuiltingHub. Monkey is longing for a few 5 star ratings!
QuiltingHub has a new look and new features, so we think you will want to register and visit over and over again.
As usual, the new shapes are at a very special intro price—but for a few days only!
Are you subscribed?
If you don’t want to miss anything, you can enter your email address (right sidebar). There’s more good stuff coming!
Linda & Monkey
New to Inklingo? Order and download free shapes and start sewing in the next few minutes. Quick Start (Always FREE.) There are triangles, diamonds, and squares in the free collection—great for dozens of different blocks.
$10 Coupon! 7 Year Anniversary Special on the handbook