CLAMSHELL 3 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 3.3 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes one shape, one size.
There are other Clamshell shape collections, so you can buy exactly what you need.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- whole Clamshell to print on fabric
- instructions for hand and machine piecing curves
- notes about pressing
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
(just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- ideal for small scraps
- great for fussy cutting (fussy printing)(below)
- see the reviews! (left sidebar)
The fine, precise lines printed on the fabric simplify the cutting and sewing.
FUSSY CUTTING AND CHARM QUILTS See the Clamshell entries on the All about Inklingo blog with photos showing how to print charms with Inklingo.
STITCH CURVES BY MACHINE OR BY HAND
The shapes are laid out to use fabric efficiently, and at least some of the cutting can be done with a 28mm rotary cutter (red lines above).
Since the lines are printed on the fabric, you can use scissors, if you prefer.
USE SCRAPS OR YARDAGE
Custom Page Sizes allow us to use fabric very efficiently. Use scraps and nickels!
Use this Clamshell shape with any pattern, like the Clamshell Quilt in Kaffe Fassett's Museum Quilts (2005).
Love the lines. Quilt more!
MAIN CLAMSHELL PAGE
Inspiration for Clamshell Designs