ROSE STAR - 18 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 16.3 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the Kite shape for Rose Star. This size is 1/6th of a 3 inch hexagon.
Choose from 2 sizes.
18 x 20.8 inches
I had to look at Rose Star for a minute before I realized that it only uses one shape, the “Kite” which is one-sixth of a hexagon.
If you want to perk up your hexagon quilt, this old design is new again! Rose Star is Beyer 432-10, Brackman 153, 243.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- 1 shape to print on fabric (7 layouts)
- instructions for piecing
- notes about pressing
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
- (just in case you want templates)
A closer look?
- how to sew inset seams by machine (crosshair to edge)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- a choice of 7 different layouts for directional fabric, striped fabric, fussy cutting, and a choice of straight grain
- many design options, especially when used with 3 inch hexagons and partial hexagons (third, half)
A Choice of Methods
I sew these shapes by machine unless I need a portable project. With Inklingo lines printed on the fabric, you can sew some seams by hand and some by machine, if you wish.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Some of these variations use the kite with hexagons and related shapes from 60° Hexagon 3 inch shape collection.
Weedy in Washington hand pieced this festive table topper for a friend in Texas. Isn't this a fabulous Christmas gift? And it is REVERSIBLE!
If you look closely you will see that she only used ONE SHAPE for Rose Star. The center hexagon is actually 6 kites.
Love the fussy cut reindeers! The machine quilting is gorgeous too.
MAIN HEXAGON PAGE
This Kite works perfectly with the shapes in the 60° Hexagon 3 inch shape collection.