INKLINGO STAR 9 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 43.3 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes 45° Diamonds, Quarter Square Triangles (QST), Half Square Triangles (HST), and Squares plus the half diamond to match the one in the free Diamond-Triangle-Square shape collection.
These shapes are the perfect size for 9 inch blocks.
Bonus Shapes make this collection even more versatile.
When I designed this star I wanted a 9 inch block and I wanted to use the diamonds in the free shape collection. That resulted in a tiny little seam at the point of the small diamonds. Not a problem! It actually makes it easier to machine piece and press the block—and get beautiful results!
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- notes about design variations
- detailed instructions for sewing by machine
- detailed instructions for pressing so the seam allowances nest together when you sew rows of stars
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- many design options
- a choice of 5 layouts for kites for a choice of straight grain
- a choice of regular or combo layouts to save fabric and save time
- optional layouts for kites with different straight grain
- precision corners and matching marks to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—hand or machine
MANY DESIGN CHOICES
These are just a few of the extra blocks using these shapes.
Pat wrote: "Now you have captured me with Inklingo. I'm having so much fun sewing along the little printed line! I have 25+ LeMoyne squares ready to make into Mug Rugs for little Christmas presents. I get so excited when that piece of fabric starts inching out of the printer!
"Thanks for offering a reliable, quality product. I've had many quilt instructions I've purchased and they left out a step or they were not written to be read & followed. It is not an easy thing to translate actions into directions for another person to follow, but you obviously understand that by the detail you put into your instructions.
"I hope I can wait at least until after Thanksgiving to put it on the table!"
Thank you, Pat for inspiring me and other quilters with your work!
"Morse Star" is one of many elaborate variations.
Detailed instructions for sewing and pressing this star by machine are included.
PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS
The shapes are a perfect introduction for beginners. Make 9-patches, Sawtooth Squares, Hour Glass, and other blocks with these shapes if you aren't ready for an 8-pointed star.
Everything is easier with Inklingo—no measuring, no templates, no worries about straight grain, a line to cut on, a line to sew on—and there are detailed instructions for sewing and pressing on the All About Inklingo blog, so jump in! It's fun!
The shapes are larger than the ones in the free Inklingo Shape Collection, but the ideas and worksheets in that downloadable shape collection are perfect for this too.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Please see the All About Inklingo blog for lessons about "No Waste Fussy Cutting" and how to sew and press LeMoyne Stars by hand and by machine.
Inklingo Star Quilt
MAIN DIAMOND PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo diamonds
MAIN STAR PAGE