WILLYNE HAMMERSTEIN'S NOCTURNE
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 38.1 MB
+ DESIGN BOOK
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the shapes for Nocturne in Millefiori Quilts 3.
The shapes are the same size as the original in the book. The star point, hexagons and diamond are all 2 cm (approx 0.79 inch).
Willyne created a wonderful border for this design using the half star point and half hexagon shapes.
In addition to the beautiful border, the fussy cutting lifts this design to another level.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- small shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand
- an impressive, unusual, intriguing design
Detailed diagrams for assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s gorgeous Millefiori Quilts 3 book. (The third book is my favorite!
The Hexagon Quilt Design Book (70 pages) is free with this shape collection. (Details)
Love the lines. Quilt more!
LEARN TO HAND PIECE
The two-hour hand piecing lesson in Quilted Diamonds 2
is like taking a private lesson from me.
The brilliance of Willyne’s design is in the way she used the shapes to create interlocking designs. She teaches hand piecing with a running stitch.
It is NOT necessary to use EPP unless that is the method you prefer.
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo and sew with a running stitch.
On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
MAIN MILLEFIORI PAGE