COLONIAL GARDEN 1.32 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 24.8 MB + A DESIGN BOOK
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
Colonial Garden - Main Shapes
Colonial Garden (Beyer 411-10) is an old design, published in the Aunt Martha Series in 1963. It is easier to sew with Inklingo than with any other method and the fussy cutting possibilities are irresistible!
Colonial Garden - Bonus Shapes
This Inklingo PDF includes the kite, octagon, and square, plus bonus shapes for Colonial Garden and other designs.
See the Main Octagon Page for other sizes.
Why 1.32 inch?
This shape collection was requested by quilters who wanted more shapes to fit with the diamonds, triangles, and squares in the free shape collection to make beautiful, unusual designs.
Compare this Kite with the one in for Periwinkle Octagon.
For Colonial Garden, the 1.32 inch side is the short side of the Kite.
For Periwinkle, the 1.32 inch side is the long side of the Kite.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
(PaperPiecesToPrint - just in case you want templates)
- perfect for Colonial Garden quilts and many other block designs
- the Kite and Kite Half can be used with the bonus circle for Dresden Plate style blocks
- the Kite Half increases your design options and allows you to finish with a straight edge
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- a choice of regular or combo layout to use fabric efficiently and save time
- ideal for fussy cutting
- a great way to use scraps in your stash
- a refreshing change from hexagons but the sewing and pressing are similar, so the 70-page Hexagon Quilt Design Book is added as a bonus
- 3 worksheets
- setting ideas on the All About Inklingo blog (below)
15.4 x 15.4 inch Colonial Garden block
A Choice of Methods
I sew these shapes by machine unless I need a portable project. With Inklingo lines printed on the fabric, you can sew some seams by hand and some by machine.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Many quilters choose hexagons for a portable project. Octagons are refreshingly different but allow you to use the same sewing techniques for stunning designs.
With Inklingo you can print hundreds of shapes quickly and sew from crosshair to crosshair with a running stitch or by machine. The fine, precise lines printed on the fabric simplify the cutting and sewing.
INKLINGO COLONIAL GARDEN QUILT 30.8 x 30.8 inches
This is one of 3 worksheets included in the shape collection.
There is an article about this setting on the All About Inklingo blog.
The kite shape is very versatile and a great opportunity for No Waste Fussy Cutting. See more examples in the Colonial Garden album on Pinterest!
MAIN OCTAGON PAGE