Templates to print on fabric for Ribbon Flower quilt blocks.
Print hundreds of shapes on fabric (or on paper for templates) in a few minutes and start sewing!
RIBBON FLOWER 12 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 43.8 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the shapes for the 12 inch block, plus . . .
. . . the mirror image and . . .
. . . a bonus shape for variations and . . .
. . . edge shapes, so the entire block can be pieced, if desired.
Instructions for appliquéing Ribbon Flower to a background are also included, so you can design your own variations.
These shapes are endlessly fascinating. I have shared many more examples like these on the Inklingo Facebook page in the past few weeks. I hope you are following there.
I suspect most quilters will hand piece to get a perfect intersection in the center but there are good opportunities for machine piecing some of the seams. I combine hand and machine for a "hybrid" to get the best of both worlds.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric for Ribbon Flower and many variations
- instructions for "hybrid" piecing, sewing some seams by machine and some by hand
- instructions for the center intersection, where 12 shapes come together
- assembly diagrams
- notes about fabric selection
- instructions for rotary cutting curves
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- worksheets and design notes
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
(just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- bonus shapes for block variations
- a choice of regular or combo layouts to print
and cut two shapes at the same time to use fabric efficiently and save time (below)
- ideal for small scraps
- great for fussy cutting (fussy printing)(below)
- illustrated pressing technique
- instructions for appliquéing flowers and partial flowers to a background
FUSSY CUTTING See the articles on the All about Inklingo blog about fussy cutting with Inklingo.
Instructions for appliqué are included. Design your own variations with whole or partial blocks.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
There are several new articles on the blog about designing and sewing these shapes!
Part 1 - Intro & video showing how to sew curves
Part 2 - Examples for Canada Day
Part 3 - Worksheet
Part 4 - Ribbon Flower Project File for Electric Quilt
Part 5 - Video showing how to sew the center intersection
Part 6 - How to appliqué the flower to a background
Part 7 - More variations with bonus shapes and freezer paper
LEARN TO HAND PIECE
The two-hour hand piecing lesson in Quilted Diamonds 2
is like taking a private lesson from me. The beautiful book and DVD are available again.
MAIN SHAPES WITH CURVES PAGE
Inklingo shape collections with curves