CLAMSHELL SASHING 3 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 12 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the sashing for 3 inch Clamshells.
There are other Clamshell shape collections, so you can buy exactly what you need. The 3 inch Clamshell is in a separate collection.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- 6 lengths of sashing to print on fabric
(for longer strips, overlap and piece)
- instructions for hand and machine piecing curves
- notes about pressing
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
(just in case you want templates)
- use a 28 mm rotary cutter or scissors
- ideal for small scraps and Jelly Rolls
Clamshell with sashing is a show-stopper.
Be the first to enter one in your guild's show!
This collection was inspired by a spectacular set of quilted bed hangings in the Victoria & Albert Museum in London (V&A). Search for item # 242-1908.
You can also see photos of it in several books, including:
- Kaffe Fassett’s Museum Quilts (2005), especially pages 44-49
- Quilts 1700-2010 Hidden Histories, Untold Stories, edited by Sue Prichard, V&A Publishing (2010), especially page 164
USE SCRAPS, JELLY ROLLS, OR YARDAGE
The shapes are laid out to use fabric efficiently.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
MAIN CLAMSHELL PAGE
Inspiration for Clamshell Designs