JOSEPH'S COAT 4 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 15.2 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes 2 shapes . . .
. . . PLUS back-basting layouts, in case you prefer appliqué.
8 inch block
There is a larger size for Joseph's Coat with 6 inch melons.
If you are new to curved piecing, this is the perfect way to start.
Make all of your friends envious with this one! Your Coat of Many Colors can be a great stash buster.
This unusual design can now be pieced by machine or by hand. You'll love every stitch—and finish!
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- optional back-basting layout with wide seam allowances
- tips for choosing fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- design notes
- worksheets to plan your quilt
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- the melons fit on 2.5 inch strips (Jelly Rolls)
- precision corners make the sewing easy
- sew the curves by hand or by machine
- press the shapes in a surprising way that works like a dream!
- perfect for fussy cutting and scrappy quilts
- see Beyer 421-2 and Beyer 421-3 (with circles)
- add circles from another shape collection for a variation called Morning Glory
- articles on the All About Inklingo blog (searchable)
- see the reviews for the 6 inch size
- an unusual, old design that will impress everyone!
A Choice of Methods
Sew by hand while you watch TV, or sew by machine—your choice.
Joseph's Coat is perfect perfect for Inklingo and a great way to use up scraps. With the new size, you can print 3 melons or 1 of the background shape on a 5 x 5 charm. (I cut the freezer paper 5.25 x 5.25.)
The curves are so gentle that there is no need to clip. Matching marks printed on the fabric and an unusual pressing strategy make this design perfect for everyone.
If you are looking for something unusual, impressive, and easy to sew, this is it!
Love the lines. Quilt more!
MAIN SHAPES WITH CURVES PAGE
See more shapes and sizes plus video and sewing tips.
IMPORTANT If you are new to Inklingo, I recommend starting with the FREE Diamond Triangle Square shape collection.
It includes the first chapter of The Inklingo Handbook. With that and the Top Ten Tutes on the blog, you will be comfortable printing in no time!