Why quilters love Inklingo squares!
WHY PRINT SQUARES?
- No measuring!
- Some quilters want to use scissors.
- Quilters love the accuracy of perfectly printed shapes without measuring, especially odd sizes.
- Quilters love having matching marks and stitching lines on every piece, so they can hand piece when they are on the go and machine piece when they need speed.
- Quilters love the way Inklingo helps them use scraps.
- Quilters love the way Inklingo helps them estimate how much fabric to buy.
THREE BONUS TIPS
1. Inklingo “Layer to Cut” allows you to minimize the printing and cut several layers at a time. Print one sheet, layer with unprinted sheets and rotary cut all of the layers at the same time. This is one of the techniques in The Inklingo Handbook.
2. A Square can be a Clue. If you know the finished size of the squares in a quilt design or pattern, it tells you the finished size of the adjacent triangles and other shapes.
3. Quick and Perfect 4-Patches. Monkey shows you how. You can try it now with the squares in the FREE Diamond Triangle Square shape collection.
Quilters often rotary cut squares without printing to use with other printed Inklingo shapes. It works well when the sizes are easy to measure and rotary cut.
However, it is a great advantage to print squares with Inklingo when they would otherwise be difficult to measure, like 1.414 inch squares for 2 inch Square in a Square blocks.
When everything is the right size, there is no need to “square up” afterwards. That eliminates a time-consuming extra step, cutting errors, and wasted fabric.
Inklingo quilters often mix Inklingo and non-Inklingo shapes and Monkey says some squares are easy to cut and sew without using Inklingo.
For example, if you need a 4.5 inch square to use in a setting with 4.5 inch LeMoyne Stars (free Inklingo Shape Collection), it's easy to cut 5 inch squares (finished 4.5). You can cut and sew without printing every shape.
Ready to order? Go up to add to cart.