QUARTER SQUARE TRIANGLES -
TRI QST 00B
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 37 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
Quarter Square Triangles (QST) have straight grain on the long side. Half Square Triangles (HST) have straight grain on the two short sides.
This Inklingo PDF has 12 sizes of QST. Several other sizes are available.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- overview of traditional, pre-Inklingo QST methods
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
(just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- a choice of layouts to use fabric efficiently
(see Triangle Tips PDF, page 7)
- used for Hourglass, Ohio Star, and many other blocks
- great for Stitch & Cut method with minimal printing
- all the benefits of sewing with triangle paper, but no paper to pick off
- use the precision corners and matching marks to get great results
- good for fussy cutting
- ideal for Jelly Rolls and scrap quilts
- use with any pattern
- sizes were on the Inklingo # 2 CD (sold out), but now have two optional layouts for each size, suggested custom page sizes, and improved bookmark navigation
See Triangle Tips, page 3
Inklingo makes new sewing methods possible because the cutting and stitching lines are printed on the fabric.
In many cases, you only need to print one fabric to cut and sew many other fabrics. See the free Triangle Tips PDF for details.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
About the sizes
All Inklingo shapes are named with the finished size (without seam allowances).
Most patterns list the finished size of the shapes. If the finished size is not listed, you can usually tell the size by looking at adjoining squares and other shapes without doing the math.
This is the shape collection you need if a pattern requires you to cut 4 triangles from squares which are cut from strips which are 1.75 to 4.25 inches wide. Designers add 1.25 to get the width of the strip/squares, so in some patterns:
- 0.5 inch QST are cut from 1.75 inch squares
- 2.0 inch QST are cut from 3.25 inch squares
- 3.0 inch QST are cut from 4.25 inch squares
There is an article about this on the All About Inklingo blog.
MAIN TRIANGLE PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo triangles + VIDEO